I was inspired to post this after having received an email from an Art Director about my latest illustration. The email read: ‘Great illustration Miko!’
What a Buzz!
That’s Buzz #8. Here’s the whole list:
- Buzz 1: Getting the phone call for the commission.
- Buzz 2: Reading the article and creating initial pencil roughs.
- Buzz 3: Getting pencil roughs approved, cleaning desk to clear my head, ready to begin the artwork.
- Buzz 4: Experimenting with a few thumbnails and deciding which illustration style would best suit the article and reader.
- Buzz 5: Getting started with the ‘Blank Sheet of Paper’ – scary! but equally an enjoyable challenge. I make two very light diagonal loose pencil lines, supposedly to find the centre, but mainly because by doing so sheet of paper is no longer ‘Blank!’
- Buzz 6: Enjoying the whole creation, from pencil layout to finished colour, once having decided on a colour scheme.
- Buzz 7: Making the decision that the illustration is finished, or the deadline is decided for me, and sending the finished art off.
- Buzz 8: Receiving the message, ‘No changes Miko, Great illustration!’
- Buzz 9: Receiving the cheque!
- Buzz 10: Boy am I LUCKY!
Here are a few close ups and the full image (click any image to enlarge):
What a Buzz to have Happy Clients!
Anything I can do for you, to make you a Happy Client too? Get in touch!